Lucky, lucky, lucky Mary!
Through the recommendation and reaching out of a former colleague, I was contacted regarding a position as a proposal writer (Government RFP writing). Bring it on.
The ability to cull through dense documents packed with extraneous and repetitious verbiage is one of the strengths I possess. Then the ability to analyze needs, desires, wants, and the words that speak to my audience; well, that is the icing. Now I have a position where I can be the substance and the icing (eventually - I mean I just started Monday).
Still, I was unemployed for almost 3 months and the collateral damage is approximately $8-10K. But I'm still teaching and now working full-time once again, and I have learned to live lean (that part doesn't hurt a bit - although I did recently see a pair of shoes and think "Wow. Could I buy those?").
Most surprising is how much of your self-esteem runs down the drain during unemployment. I am still wondering every day if they will want me to come back the next. The night before my first day, I spent hours wondering if I should even start.
However, the owner and principle is a smart, strong, generous, and thoughtful woman who sees my potential and is willing to mentor me to success, to all of our success.
I can promise this much, I will pay it back in kind or pay it forward.
Lucky, lucky, lucky. I am one of the lucky Irish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment